This statement outlines CapitaLand's Telemarketing Policy on compliance with the Do Not Call ("DNC") provisions under Singapore's Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA"). This policy applies to all departments and business units across the CapitaLand Group (collectively, "CapitaLand", "we" or "us") unless we have notified you otherwise in writing.
The DNC Provisions, which have become effective since 2 January 2014, introduce certain changes to the way in which we may send you promotional and marketing messages and call you via your Singapore telephone number(s). Marketing messages are messages sent to individuals with the intention of or advertising, promoting or offering to provide goods or services, interests in land, business or investment opportunities or advertising, or promoting the supplier or provider of the aforesaid.
These changes will however generally not affect our sending of other types of messages via your Singapore telephone number(s), such as informational and service related messages, messages that are for business to business marketing, market survey/research or which promote charitable or religious causes, and personal messages sent by individuals.
For more information, please visit the website Do Not Call Registry & You.
CapitaLand aims to comply with the requirements of the PDPA and respects your choices.
- If you have registered your telephone number with the Do Not Call (DNC) Registry, we will not send you promotional and marketing messages.
- However, if you have previously consented to our sending you such messages via your telephone number, we will continue to do so until you withdraw such consent.
- Also, if you currently have an existing, ongoing relationship with us, depending on the nature of that relationship, we may continue to send you promotional or marketing messages via SMS or fax about products and services which are related to that ongoing relationship ('exempt messages') notwithstanding your registration with the DNC Registry, unless you opt-out of receiving these exempt messages.
Instructions on opting-out may be found in the exempt message, or you can send us an email message to email@example.com informing us accordingly.
If you would like to ensure that you will be kept informed of the latest rewards, promotions and benefits via your telephone number, you can opt-in to receive such messages by sending us an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us accordingly. Your consent will be valid until you withdraw your consent.
CapitaLand is committed to understanding and meeting your needs and providing you the services that you require.
CapitaLand may use your personal data to:
- provide products or services that have been requested;
- help us manage and enhance our products and services, including by analysing future customer needs;
- communicate with you;
- assess the suitability of prospective buyers, tenants, lessees and investors;
- provide information about our products and services to people that we believe may be interested; and
- comply with legal obligations.
We will safeguard the confidentiality of your personal data, whether you interact with us personally, by telephone or mail, over the Internet or other electronic media. We hold personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records and take steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we no longer require any personal data that we hold, that personal data would be destroyed or have particulars or information which may identify individuals removed.
Depending on the product or service concerned, your personal data may be disclosed to:
- other divisions or entities within CapitaLand;
- service providers and specialist advisers to CapitaLand who have been contracted to provide CapitaLand with administrative, financial, research, professional or other services including insurance and credit services;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as authorised by law; or
- anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual or in the contract.
We require that organisations outside CapitaLand which handle or obtain Personal Data as service providers to CapitaLand acknowledge the confidentiality of this data, undertake to respect any individual's right to privacy and comply with the PDPA. We also require that these organisations use this information only for our purposes and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
We have appointed DPOs in CapitaLand to oversee our compliance with the DNC provisions and the rest of the PDPA as and when they come into effect.
Should you have any feedback or enquiries relating to your personal data or would like to manage how we may send promotional or marketing messages via your telephone, please send us an email message to email@example.com to inform us accordingly.